Paro Dzong houses the Rinpung Rabdey besides government offices including the local court. The Rinpung Rabdey is headed by Lam Neten. Around 300 monks are housed in the monastic section of the Rinpung Dzong.
The monks assemble in the prayer hall also called 'dukhang' in local dialect to conducting numerous prayer ceremonies. The assembly hall also known as 'kuenrey' acts as a classroom for young monks to study volumes of Buddhist scriptures.
Sl. No Lhakhangs Location
- Kagyu Lam Lhakhang Center Tower (top)
- Tshepamed Lhakhang
- Protector's shrine
- Temple of the Guru's Eight Manifestations
- Chapel of the head lama
- Chapel of Amitayus
- The Clear Crystal Shrine
- Chapel of the Eleven-faced Avalokiteśvara
- Chapel of Akshobhya
- Temple of the Treasure Revealer
- Temple of the Bursar ................. (list courtesy: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rinpung_Dzong)