Profile of Dzongkhag Survey & Land Record Sector, Paro
The National Land Commission Secretariat was institutionalised as an autonomous Agency in August 2007 after the enactment of the Land Act 2007 during the 87th Session of the National Assembly. With its commencement, the responsibilities such as transfer of land registration from Royal Court of Justice, Thromde land transaction from MoWHS, Resettlement responsibility from MoHCA, Cadastral Re-surveying of all Dzongkhags using most advanced technology and development of a comprehensive land registration system through ICT has been given to the National Land Commission.
The National Land Commission Secretariat consists of two Land Registration Divisions under Department of Land Administration & Management (DoLAM) apart from three technical Divisions of Department of Survey & Mapping (DoSAM) and PPD & AFD under Secretariat:
- Rural Land Division
- Urban Land Division
The Survey & Land Sectors of 20 Dzongkhags are instituted under the direct supervision of Rural Land Division of NLCS. Each Survey & Land Sector of the Dzongkhag is headed by the Dzongkhag Land Registrar and is functioned as per the directives of Rural Land Division.
The Paro Dzongkhag Survey & Land Sector carries out all the land related services of the entire 10 Gewogs of Paro Dzongkhag. The 10 Gewogs comprises of Dogar, Dopshari, Doteng, Hungrel, Lamgong, Lungnyi, Naja, Shaba, Tsento and Wangchang Gewogs. The Dzongkhag Survey & Land Sector, Paro has currently 15 staffs as follows:
- Gyembo, Sr. Dzongkhag Land Registrar. (Mobile # 17634539)
- Rinchen, Sr. Land Record Assistant. (Mobile # 17762013)
- Karma Wangmo, Land Record Assistant. (Mobile # 17943839)
- Tshering Yangzom, Land Record Assistant. (Mobile # 17475706)
- Dechen Zangmo , Land Record Assistant. (Mobile # 17638938)
- Dorji, Land Record Assistant/Surveyor. (Mobile # 17688768)
- Minjur Dorji, Sr. Surveyor. (Mobile # 17970474)
- Chimi Tshewang, Sr. Surveyor (Mobile # 17678789)
- Ugyen Tenzin, Land Inspector V. (Mobile # 17656748)
- Tshering Wangmo, Survey Associate IV (Mobile # 17634539)
- Sonam Wangdi, Survey Field Assistant. (Mobile # 17634539)
- Kinley Tenzin, Survey Field Assistant. (Mobile # 17634539)
- Birkha Bdr Limbu, Survey Field Assistant. (Mobile # 17634539)
- Dil Bdr Gurung, Survey Field Assistant. (Mobile # 17634539)
- Karma Chojur, Driver. (Mobile # 17634539)
- Land Sector’s Vision and Mission
- A dynamic and professional sector that delivers excellent land services and provides reliable land information to the public.
- Manage, regulate and administer the land ownership and use of land.
- Ensure easy access to reliable land information.
- Improve and strengthen land registration and transaction services through online e-sakor system.
- Improve and strengthen land cadastral services in the Dzongkhag.
- Mandates of Dzongkhag Survey & Land Sector, Paro
- Land administration and management
- To cater land registration and transaction services
- To carry out land registration and transfer land reflected in the Thram
- To maintain the Chazhag Thram of the Gewogs and Thromde under the safe custody of Dzongkhag Land Sector.
- To maintain records of total acreage of various types of privately registered landholdings and general information on government and public owned land in the country.
- To issue copies of Sathram, with respect to land already recorded in the Chazhag Thram of Government, and to provide information indicating the costs and taxes with details of land types to landowners.
- To provide information on registered land to the landowners.
- Functions/Responsibilities of Dzongkhag Survey & Land Sector, Paro.
- To issue the Land Ownership Certificates (Lagthrams) to the landowners.
- To process for registration of land as per Royal Kasho.
- To maintain up to date information on various land registrations and land types in line with the Land Act 2007.
- To maintain and safeguard the Thrams and related documents at Dzongkhag.
- To correspond with court and relevant Government Agecies for sharing thram copies, thram history, transaction history & documents etc for purposes of processing land disputes and investigations.
- To process for normal land transactions through online e-Sakor (inheritance/sale purchase/gift/exchange/donation/ etc) submitted by the landowners through online e-sakor.
- To process for acquisition of government and private registered land and allotment of land substitutes and cash compensation to the affected landowners.
- To process for SRF land lease, exchange and other land cases.
- To provide information on registered land to the respective landowners.
- To process land conversions like conversion of chuzhing to khimsa, chuzhing to kamzhing and kamzhing to other land categories.
- To conduct land verification of disputes, land exchange of private land with SRF land and other purposes.
- Successive Heads of Survey & Land Sector, Paro.
The following individuals were the successive heads of Survey & Land Record Sector, Paro till date:
Year Successive Head of Dzongkhag Survey & Land Record Sector
2008 – 2010 --------- Mr. Dago, Land Record Officer.
2010 - 2012 …………. Mr. Tshewang Tenzin, Acting Land Record Officer
2013 – 2017 -------- Mr. Sangay Tenzin, Dy. Chief Land Registrar
2018 - 2021 --------- Mrs. Karma Yangzom, Dzongkhag Land Registrar
2022 - till date ------ Mr. Gyembo, Sr. Dzongkhag Land Registrar
F. Different Land Services:
The Nationwide National Cadastral Resurvey has been successfully completed in the entire 20 Dzongkhags in 2010. The National Land Commission has also introduced the online transaction system (e-Sakor) in 2008 and currently the online land transaction system is operational in all the 20 Dzongkhags where the New Thrams has been issued after completion of the National Cadastral Resurvey. Similarly in Paro Dzongkhag too, the New Chazhag Thrams and Lagthrams (Fine Thrams without excess land) of 10 Gewogs were issued in 2017. The land transactions of those fine thrams have also been resumed right after the issuance of the thrams. Later in 2019, the NLCS in coordination with the respective Gewogs had resurveyed and resolved all the excess land issues. The excess lands eligible for regularization has been granted Kidu in the same year and the lagthrams and Chazhag thrams (excess land) of all the Gewogs has been issued in the following year. With the issuance of all the Lagthrams and Chazhag Thrams of Paro Dzongkhag, the normal land services are being rendered to the public in full swing.
The following are the various land services provided the Dzongkhag Land Sector:
- General Land Transactions
- Land transaction (change of ownership from deceased/Inheritance/Gift/Sale Purchase/Exchange/Donation)
- Registration of land based on Court Verdict.
- Registration of land based on Royal Kasho.
- Land type conversion from Chuzhing to Khimsa.
- Land type conversion from Chuzhing to Kamzhing.
- Thram corrections (for plot/sheet number, plot name, plot merging)
- Thram corrections (for spelling mistake of landowner, village name, ID card number, etc)
- SRF Land Allotment on Land Use Certificate (LUC).
- Private Land acquisition
- Acquisition of private land with cash compensation
- Acquisition of private land with allotment of land substitute
- Transfer of land between Government Institutions.
- Thram omission
- Private land exchange with SRF land.
- SRF Land Lease
- SRF land lease for Commercial Agriculture Farming
- SRF land lease for Business Activity
- SRF land lease for Mining Activity
- SRF land lease for Development Activity
- SRF land lease for Tsamdro/Pasture
- SRF land lease for Sokshing
- Miscellaneous Land Services
- Land boundary verification
- Land Boundary Realignment
- Issuance of Land Clearance for rural house construction and concrete buildings.
Prepared by : Gyempo
Sr. Dzongkhag Land Registrar